According to Wikipedia, Page Rank is a link analysis algorithm, used by the Google Internet search engine that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents with the purpose of “measuring” its relative importance within the set. It is a numerical value of link juice and an algorithm for quantifying the authority of a site.
Google determines the final ranking for a domain by using the following measurements:
1. Query dependent factors that contains relevance measures such as title elements, backlink anchor text and user intention
2. Query independent factors that are page rank, trust, neighborhood quality, presence of malware.
High PR and high backlinks number can mean high profit. You increase your website page rank by increasing the number of backlinks. A page that is linked to by many pages with high PR receives a high rank itself. Google assigns a numeric weighting from 0-10 for each webpage on the Internet; this Page Rank denotes a site’s importance in the eyes of Google. The higher the PR is the more importance it is in the eyes of Google, therefore will result more attention and more traffic.
Follow the 7 steps below to install the free tool to find any domain’s Page Rank and number of backlinks:
1. Open Google
2. Type in SEOquake
3. Install the plug in to your web browser
4. Click either “Install SEOquake now!” or “Install SEOquake from Mozilla.org” to install the plug in for FireFox Internet browser.
5. Click “Try new SEOquake for Google Chrome!” if you are a Chrome user.
6. Restart your browser after the installation.
7. Enjoy your page rank tool.